Announcements

Forum >> Announcements >> Greater player development/training variance...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
RupaScoop

Inactive

Hardwood College Basketball
So my understanding is we won't be able to predict how guys will develop? imo that takes a big chunk of the fun of the game away, to the point I may no longer be interested in playing. Sorry, don't mean to be rude, I love this game, but scouring for players and projecting how they'll turn out is my favorite part. Without that it becomes more like GM Games or something. No offense intended Steve, really have enjoyed this game for a long time, it's fantastic.

One thought: would it be possible to give us more tools to develop players? Or more philosophies? Like playing guys in the right positions, individual development controls, etc? Maybe the better dev you have in your coaches the more training sessions you can have?

Updated Friday, October 7 2022 @ 9:52:11 am PDT
James Lebron

Florida Southern Moccasins
VI.10

I agree with RupaScoop. With the increased competition for good or even just descent recruits that turn out good as the teams star adding this in will make it be even harder for teams (especially teams in the lower divisions) to acquire good players that will make their teams be competitive.

As an example, try getting a good or even a descent tall player above 6-9? Doing that is not easy with the added competition and I'm not complaining about the competition from other humans. If I have a crappy team thats ok with me, it's my fault for not putting enough time in to it or planning properly, but it would be nice to have full confidence that at least one or two of your recruits will turn in to the teams star..

All in the name of making this be more of a GM game that tries to mimic a real life sport. Which will never happen by the way. If you want more realism why not put all of the teams in to their real life divisions / conferences? Having a game that encourages advancement in to higher and better divisions or leagues and taking away or reducing the possibility to do that doesn't seem to be a very good tactic to retaining players........

Updated Friday, October 7 2022 @ 11:02:01 am PDT
g10rsh-2

Illinois Wesleyan Titans
III.4

It sounds like the top end isn't changing for any skill a player has, but the amount they will gain year to year will be have more variance.

projection will still be possible but will be more fuzzy. if a HS FR shoots up in some skills and stalls in others, the next year they may be slower, or just as fast.

I think the same projection principles will apply, but if you want to look at development speed to estimate maxes, each extra year will give a more data of how they are trending.
Stromstar

Xavier Musketeers
III.4

I love when a game has some hidden X-Factor within the players. Just a little variance makes the game more realistic. 4-star recruits can often not live up to the hype (Josiah Turner, Anthony Bennett) and others went overlooked and proved their worth later on (Chef, Norris Cole)
admin

Hardwood Administrator

The key word here is the variance is increasing, the mean is not changing.

Steve
electriceel883

Wisconsin Badgers
III.2

So the usual occurrence where a player typically gains at a much more rapid rate earlier in his college career may change to a slower growth in the beginning for some players, or a much more rapid growth later for some upperclassmen? So the historical growth rates have much less value (or none)?
El jefe

Temple Owls
I.1

I'm understanding it as this (simplistic example):

Player 1, 11 POT

Current system
HS FR - 40 SI
HS SO - 55 SI
HS JR - 70 SI
HS SR - 85 SI
COLL FR - 100 SI
COLL SO - 115 SI
COLL JR - 130 SI
COLL SR - 145 SI

New System
HS FR - 40 SI
HS SO - 60 SI
HS JR - 70 SI
HS SR - 92 SI
COLL FR - 109 SI
COLL SO - 129 SI
COLL JR - 135 SI
COLL SR - 145 SI

So the "mean" SI increase is the same (and ending point in this example) but the journey to get there is much higher variance from year-to-year
RupaScoop

Inactive

Ah okay I see.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Good example El jefe!

Steve
RupaScoop

Inactive