Basketball Forum

Forum >> Basketball >> Pac-12 Has Collapsed   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Ced

Indiana Hoosiers
III.4

Hardwood College Basketball
8 schools have left the Pac-12 driven by football television money, it seems. College athletics has gone national. UCLA @ Indiana. Welcome to BTown. Gonna be tough on the student athletes with school, sleep and travel. Let's see what remaining Pac-12 schools Cal and Stanford elect to do...
EmeraldSeasSunshine

Nicholls State Colonels
VI.14

Unfortunate, my Aztecs were looking to finally move to a bigger conference. Oh well. I hope Cal and Stanford move to a higher league than us in the Mountain West, they are too prestigious to be playing at such a low tier.
ShaolinVenom

Inactive

It’s shameful to see 100+ years of traditional games suddenly dissipate in weeks. I knew the NIL implementation would change college sports, but the impact of the television deals is far more prominent. Granted, there are new rivalries waiting to be created, but I wonder how long the new conference structures will stand, let alone what names they will now be called.

I’m a Wolverine’s fan and I know Harbaugh just brought a lot of unwanted attention to the team with the 4-game suspension rejection. He’s always into something haha
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Yeah SDSU has been left out so far.

Winners -- Washington and Oregon getting into the big time.

Big Ten -- grabbing all the best west coast brands and now has the ability to fill four time slots with premium match-ups every College Football Saturday.

Big XII -- Surviving and expanding.

Losers -- SDSU and SMU not getting their promotion to a Power Five conference.

Oregon St., Washington St. and Cal -- not much hope of getting to a better conference. Mountain West or some merger with the Mountain West and the Pac-4?

TBD -- Stanford might go independent or might eventually get into the Big Ten. Otherwise, they might be stuck with the remaining Pac-4 teams.

ACC -- are they next to be gobbled up? FSU leading the charge to get out of the conference. Got to think Clemson would like to go to greener pastures. Does the Big Ten want to grab a couple more school in the South and Florida so they are truly national?

Steve
El jefe

Temple Owls
I.1

Guess it depends what really matters to these schools. More money for a super conference but FSU would be middle-of-the-pack at best in the SEC or Big Ten. Clemson probably also doesn't win all the natty's or maybe any of them if they are in the SEC. I'd rather have my school be competitive for the big one than lost in the shuffle.

Previous Page | Show All |