Basketball Forum

Forum >> Basketball >> Coaching ideas   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Divac

Gettysburg Bullets
VI.19

Hardwood College Basketball
Let make a small summary.

Age limit for the assistant coaches - We already have that. After 50 coach will leave the job and he will try to find HC position.

Allow good assistant coaches to become HC earlier - We already have that. Even salary isn't directly connected to the coach skills there is some correlation. So good coaches will be on the market sooner.

What needs to be said is coach life cycle. Coaches star without reputation comments, then after year or two in HC position or even more years as assistants they will get the "maybe" comments and after another season or two you will get the detailed comments We all want to see. So it's real time investment to find good coach.

Next thing is the impact. After replacing HC your recruiting is almost on the ground zero. When you replace assistant it's also impact the recruiting. So it has a cost to try new guys.

Last thing is restrictions on assistant hiring. You can hire assistant only in pre-season but HC can be switched anytime.

So let's make an example. I hire coach X with no idea if he's good or not. I sacrifice part of my recruitment for that. I wait for 5 seasons without idea if I did good move or not and then I find out he's great. Nice, but in meantime my recruiting recover so I need to wait for my prospects and also I want to switch him in pre-season to be able also hire new assistant... and in the middle of the season just some random team hires coach X as HC.

Results? I spent 5 seasons for nothing. I lost my assistant and bonus for that I get recruiting damage for new assistant which will be doubled because there's big chance he's trash and I will need to replace him in pre-season.

And yeah, some other president who spent like 4 minutes in the search gets my fully developed coach.

I hope right now everybody get how bad idea it is.

Updated Friday, January 21 2022 @ 2:15:57 pm PST
Slickandjake

Inactive

The only reason to do this is to model real life. In terms of the game, this favors good teams at the expense of the lower level teams. We want people to play and enjoy and keep playing to make the game more competitive. This change would likely frustrate players, especially newer players, and drive them to leave the game. So this is an overwhelming no vote from me.
imad0211

Inactive

OK so than put a Athletic director in for this game
Slickandjake

Inactive

With the purpose of adding what to the game experience?
Divac

Gettysburg Bullets
VI.19

Maybe if you tell us what you wish to achieve will be better then just throw at us kind of random stuff.
imad0211

Inactive

Getting a yearly progress report and team goals from AD
Divac

Gettysburg Bullets
VI.19

Progress of what? Players? You can check it it on player profile. There's not much more to check progress on.

Goals are picked by you. Why? Because you're president. Also what should be a reason to have auto-generated goals?
imad0211

Inactive

Any chance we ever get a college football volleyball game like this one etc

Updated Wednesday, January 26 2022 @ 7:35:07 pm PST
sparky

Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts Trailblazers
V.12

Funny you should mention a football volleyball sim, because I was thinking of some other versions of the game lately as well. Most obvious would be a women's version of Hardwood, which I think would be help with the confusion of people having multiple teams. Of course I have multiple teams, the women's team and the men's team at MCLA, etc. But as much as I would like that, or an NCAA cross country sim, I think it'd be really fun to have some other non-sports related aspects of the college experience simmed. I'm not the greatest computer programmer, but I've been toying with a game in which various universities compete as to who can build the best glee club. The cool thing about "Hardwood Online College Glee Club®" is that not only are singers' various vocal strengths and weaknesses ranked, but based on those rankings the sim emits a tone, and the better all of the glee club members' tones sound together, the more likely you are the coveted contract with Arista Records at the end of the school year. I should have a working link ready for you in the next few days. Steve and I are working to get it endorsed by that guy on America Got Talent who calls everybody "dog."
imad0211

Inactive

I'd love to be a beta tester if we can pick the same program for all the games it would be nice

Updated Thursday, January 27 2022 @ 8:39:37 am PST

Previous Page | Show All |