Basketball Forum

Forum >> Basketball >> Coaching ideas   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
imad0211

Inactive

Hardwood College Basketball
PLEASE PUT THE option to hire assistance from other programs.(Like a D3 program head or assistance coach can get a d1 assistant offer)
Divac

Gettysburg Bullets
VI.19

78f.jpg

Updated Thursday, January 20 2022 @ 6:18:29 am PST
imad0211

Inactive

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gards710

Dominican Univ. of California Penguins
I.1

Dang, imagine starting to build something at a D3 program for over 6 seasons, including having some decent coaches, then switching to a D1 program for some reason and posting confusing PRs about it, and then days later posting this^

Can D3 programs hire assistants away from D1 programs to be their HC? Why would a D3 HC leave to become a AC, even if at a bigger program? When does that happen in real life? This game is about parity, promoting up and demoting down, balance. The point is to give the teams at the bottom a chance to rise up. Letting D1 programs hoard the best coaches goes against that. That's why (in my opinion).
hockeytrb99

Pittsburgh Panthers
V.11

I would like to see the ability to hire other teams assistant coaches away for head coaching positions but not hiring lower level assistant or head coaches to fill other assistant coaching spots.
celtic4warrior

California Lutheran Kingsmen
V.1

My thoughts:

Many times, teams will spend time looking to groom a coach of the future, if this ability is implemented, this unique and fun feature will be taken out. Many of us who do this we will be forced to immediately jump and force coaches into the head coaching positions earlier than we feel comfortable with due to the fear of someone stealing our coach of the future away. In the end, I really don't like the idea of hiring coaches away from other teams.

Unless you add an age minimum? Possibly make it like only 40+ age assistant age coaches can be hired away? Only throwing out ideas here.

celtic4warrior

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page