Basketball Forum

Forum >> Basketball >> NIL in college sports...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Hardwood College Basketball
So football especially, but also college basketball has been largely changed by the introduction of NIL (Name, Image, Likeness) money -- plus the more liberal transfer rules. Seems like every big program now has a "collective" that's basically paying student athletes.

What do you guys think? They deserve it -- they're the one on the field/court? Or it's ruining college sports?

I can see how Olivia Dunn deserves to cash in. But some of these football and basketball players are just ugly. :-)

Steve
imad0211

Inactive

we need to think about production for the program a smaller program can no longer get 4 or 5 star to commit because of nil and you see a few recruits stay
and take the money they will commit and then decommit to go to a school that offers them more money
EmeraldSeasSunshine

Nicholls State Colonels
VI.14

In my opinion, College Sports should be about the experience, and NIL makes it a business. It's basically pay to play, so all the bigger schools will devour the smaller schools in recruiting (as iMad mentioned), and the resulting disparity just won't be fun. And the talks of March Madness expansion are ridiculous too... why is the NCAA ruining a good thing?
Ced

Indiana Hoosiers
III.4

Cavinder Twins outta Indiana...pretty sweet opportunity with NIL to go from Fresno to Miami, Florida. I feel like NIL is a good thing. :)

Previous Page | Show All |