Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Order of Subs   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Hardwood College Basketball
What ordering would you want? Maybe there could be a selection rather than wholesale reordering.

Steve
cwb

Prairie View A&M Panthers
III.2

Maybe:

SF, SG, PG, C, PF
PF, C, SG, PG, SF
PG, SF, SG, PF, C

Then there would be:
2 options with PF > C and 2 with C > PF
2 options with SF > PF and 2 with PF > SF
2 options with PG > SG and 2 with SG > PG
2 options with SG > SF and 2 with SF > SG

Those seems like the 4 most common positions for overlap, but this is all off the top of my head.
cwb

Prairie View A&M Panthers
III.2

^The above are recommended options along with the current order.
lmartins6746

North Greenville Crusaders
IV.4

I'd like the option to swap SF and SG as I normally have more players I'd play at SF than SG.
lmartins6746

IV.4

I do think user defined is the way to go. I know my ordering will change based on the roster make up.

For example if I had a good defensive 7 footer that wasn't quite good enough to start I'd swap PF and C so my starting C could backup my PF and my reserve could get 20 mins at C rather than getting either 10 mins at C and maybe 8 at PF or 20 mins at PF.
Eddie Sutton

Oklahoma State Cowboys
VI.4

I struggle to follow the subs orders people are suggesting tbh.

I have low scholar numbers so just want to have players be able to backup across multiple positions - 5 starters, 1 small backup who is 2nd on depth chart for PG/SG and potentially SF, 1 tall backup who is 2nd on depth chart for C/PF and potentially SF.

So 7 players getting 27-30 minutes and 3rd on the depth chart only playing if there are injuries.

At the moment because all of the sub options have overlaps in the positional sub timings you get the 3rd string playing routinely and on A-option I ended up off depth chart to cover them.

C-option seems to be the best but after one of my planned redshirters got on the field outside of the depth chart I've gone to walk-ons covering some positions - it's not like I'm aiming to win anything this season.

admin

Hardwood Administrator

I can look into this. I don't think it's super high priority.

I realize it can add some flexible for power users...but does it make things too complex for the causal users?

Steve
lmartins6746

IV.4

I'd assume there would be a default that new/not interested users would use.
coachwannabe

Penn Quakers
IV.1

Same ^
El jefe

Temple Owls
I.1

I think this is a good idea and would be helpful to provide more flexibility. I get the complexity it introduces though and whether it risks slowing down the sim significantly; so maybe we start with just having a Default option (PG, C, PF, SF, SG) and then a secondary option - PG, SG, PF, C, SF, or one of the other ones proposed.

Previous Page | Show All |