South Carolina State Bulldogs
VI.9

Hardwood College Basketball
Thank you
Eddie Sutton

Oklahoma State Cowboys
VI.4

Is it possible for a player to sign even though no interest is registered?

I don't have enough contacts left to raise interest but I am at least 1 player short...
gards710

Dominican Univ. of California Penguins
I.1

Yes, it is possible
scowley75

SUNY Geneseo Knights
IV.4

I'll add this to the "commit without interest at low."

It CAN happen, but doesn't ALWAYS happen. Learned this my very first season back in the day when I didn't know how it worked exactly. Put points in on a couple players, didn't get them to low, and never got them.

This past season missed out on a big recruit, tossed a few points on a guy without getting him to low, and he committed.
Eddie Sutton

Oklahoma State Cowboys
VI.4

Just to follow up - I put a single contact on a couple and got both.

I guess the issue is that you can't tell whether another team has done the same so you can't guarantee they'll come.
Nuno Ricardo

Newberry Wolves
VI.7

why players dont come to my school ? last season try to recrut players for this season,they dont have other offers but no one came,ty
Fireballer34

Albany Great Danes
V.4

Well, you certainly aren’t getting Howell and Milam, because other teams have much higher interest levels on them. You’ll probably get Jensen and Gilley if no other teams put interest on them, but players can’t commit this early into the cycle. Players can’t commit for maybe a few more days, and even when they start happening, there’s no guarantee that your players will commit right away. Players commit at different times, sometimes randomly, so your player could commit in a week, or in a month.
gards710

Dominican Univ. of California Penguins
I.1

In addition to what Fireballer said, just because you don't see any other offers, doesn't mean there aren't any.

Teams can offer a scholarship as long as they have spent at least 1 contact. Often times, 1 contact is not enough to develop visible interest. Other teams can only see visible interest on a recruit. Thus, other teams may have offered but you could not see them because they didn't raise enough interest.

Even if you are at Low interest, a team with "None" for their interest can still successfully sign that player. If you get to Medium or even High, that drastically reduces the chance of that happening (but Medium can lose to Low and so on).
GM-KrusherKev

Hamilton Continentals
VI.23

New team just started last week, took over the lowest ranked team by rating / overall, question on recruiting.....which is more important....player potential or player star rating in order to (eventually) build up a really really bad team to get better season by season?
Majortinkle

Rutgers Scarlet Knights
VI.9

No doubt a cop-out answer but I'd say it's a bit of both.

High SI will improve immediate performance but better potential will help when you're going to be competitive in a few seasons.

At the end of the day you haven't got long so it's a matter of finding reasonable candidates with nobody else interested.

I'd also say that you have zero chance of being competitive next season so maybe hedge towards potential.

I'd aim to get 6-8 signed up with half of them to be red-shirted (at some point in their career - not next season) and half not - to spread their graduations.

If that goes well quickly (with 6 recruits) (never has for me though tbh) you could add 3 JUCO's - leave 3 spots for next years and you'd be bang up to speed and just need to wait, potentially just 1 or 2 seasons) for their evolution to do the rest.

Previous Page | Show All |