Basketball Forum

Forum >> Basketball >> What is everyone’s thoughts on the new NIL Rules?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
haydawg16

Spalding Golden Eagles
VI.30

Hardwood College Basketball
I am a college athlete as well and I’m interested in seeing people thoughts on the Name Image and Likeness rules that are out
admin

Hardwood Administrator

It will be interested to see how many athletes see any money from this. Okay -- I can see a bunch of big time football and basketball players making a lot. But what about the O-Linemen or role player or even the non-revenue sport athletes?

Also, wondering if its going to new way for school boosters to pay players to come there. How is the NCAA ever going to police that?

Finally, will big market schools be more attractive now because playing in NY or LA gets you more NIL money than some small college town?

Steve

Updated Friday, July 2 2021 @ 8:39:43 pm PDT
pschwartz

Richmond Spiders
II.2

The non-revenue athletes will be making their money through social media. A lot of players have a very strong social media presence that they can now monetize with endorsements. A lot of that influence came separately from their status as athletes so this change will benefit them immensely.

Will be interesting over the next couple of years. You might see players staying longer in college with endorsement money coming in.

Previous Page | Show All |