Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Bizarre AI   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
LaurensDeGraff

New Orleans Privateers
II.2

Hardwood College Basketball
Slow down and run the half-court offense?? With 4 seconds??

0:04 - New Orleans: Lentz pushes the ball up in transition. Lentz leads the fast break, but decides to slow it down and run the half-court offense. And the shot clock expires!
0:00 - Game Event: Time expires!
Majortinkle

Rutgers Scarlet Knights
VI.9

Do we really think the narrative element of the commentary is meant to be accurate?

I just thought it flowered up possession and play outcome.

In reality it was
0.04 X team had possession
0.00 time ran out no shot

I thought the rest of the text is pretty much random (it is for other games I've played for sure)

Talking of random - the playoffs give you a good opportunity to see the random nature of the game tbh. 60 point swing between the league and playoff game with same players and seemingly same tactics - shot well above average in league game for 40-odd point win and shot below average in playoff for loss in the teens. Probably exacerbated in my case as I am pretty much a one man team, but just shows that (like basketball itself to be fair) there is a lot of deviation in performance

admin

Hardwood Administrator

Majortinkle is mostly right. Basically, they just weren't able to get the shot off in 4 seconds...the text is probably not ideal, but the result is the same. Maybe it's more like "instead of taking a desperation shot, he tries to pass the ball to a teammate as the clock expires"....

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |