Help

Forum >> Help >> Releasing a player?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
cmilliken

Tulsa Golden Hurricane
VI.12

Hardwood College Basketball
Hi,

I took over Tulsa and notice that I have EIGHT Sophomores on scholarship including three 1-star players and a zero star/6 pot player who was red-shirted!

Obviously, that makes recruiting a bit more challenging. I assume there's nothing to be done but just lump it for the next few seasons until they graduate? I didn't see any options for rescinding a scholarship once granted.

Updated Tuesday, February 27 2024 @ 5:10:59 pm PST
zachyarbrough1

Louisiana Tech Bulldogs
III.4

Correct, there is no "releasing" players. You really have two options in that situation.

1. You redshirt a few of the SO to break up that group and make sure you don't have a 8-player class to fill in the future.

2. You ride it out and let the players graduate so that you can recruit your own players faster.

*Remember, you do not have to fill all available scholarship spots each year and can refill that 8-man sophomore class over the span of 2-3 seasons.
Ced

Indiana Hoosiers
III.4

It is a struggling program, as are many programs with openings at President. You have more scholly players than you do conference wins in the last several seasons. Set your training to Video/Film Work, don't red shirt nobody, and of course try to move the ball on the perimeter with I guess Sylla at point guard. Might be funner to be a president elsewhere given the situation (optional to ask for a transfer to a new team), but you may like the allure of turning it all around though it'll take months irl to do so.
cmilliken

Tulsa Golden Hurricane
VI.12

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably lump it out - I picked up Hardwood as a slow burn sort of game but I didn't quite realize how bad the roster was constructed. It'll be this time next calendar year (i.e., 2025) before I can even hope of getting out of VI. URF...

In the mean time, since I can only recruit one player next year, I can toss the kitchen sink at them without feeling any regret!

Updated Wednesday, February 28 2024 @ 2:57:34 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |