Announcements

Forum >> Announcements >> FYI...recruiting points - use them or lose them by the end of the season!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Inactive

Hardwood College Basketball
Given we are given 31 contacts anyhow, and there is a 45 contact max. Would there really be any harm in letting points carry over to the next season? At most it would be 14 points. It would prevent these sorts of frustrations.
allen54chevy

Inactive

It would also make sense to get 2 points for the first 50 recruiting periods, and none for 51-53.
It's a nice round number and gives a couple days warning at the end. there would be no need to have any extra slow processing at the last day.
If want to keep same number of recruit points, just start with 35.
mukilteomike

Inactive

I understand the desire by Steve to not have any recruiting points carry over. I actually like that.

I think Allen's solution above is fantastic.

admin

Hardwood Administrator

The advantage of having some points towards the end of the recruiting cycle is for cases where you lose out on a prospect on round #51 and are scrambling to sign somebody else at the end of the season.

Steve
newtman

Inactive

I agree with Steve here, getting those last few recruiting points and spending them in the last couple of days can mean the difference between landing a scholarship player or being stuck with a walk-on. While someone COULD save points to carry out a similar Plan (pick a letter), the beauty is as long as you offer the scholarship and no one else had a valid offer (see had a scholarship open for that player) along with putting at least one contact in, then you should be able to salvage something. The recruiting points schedule system works, it just takes some getting used to. Much more pressing are the factors a recruit decides based on, making the system a bit more robust.

Updated Sunday, September 2 2018 @ 6:29:39 am PDT
Rock777

Inactive

What is the desire not to carry points over? I'm not against clearing out points, but it does provide a big advantage to players who check the game everyday over casual players, and I'm not sure what the game mechanic benefit is of zeroing them out...? Could be one, its just not obvious to me.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

I think this was discussed in another thread -- I think we will rollover half the leftover amount.

It a trade off between letting people stockpile to many points versus not penalizing in active owners. If you allow tons of points to carry over to the next season -- those teams would have a distinct advantage recruiting the new international players (for example).

Steve
Balbinjj

California Baptist Lancers
V.3

carry-over of points is also not realistic.
Rock777

Inactive

How is it not realistic? If a school didn't spend its recruiting budget one year, it may well carry it to the next. Half the points will be less than half anyhow given the max is 45. Really I think the shotgun approach makes the most sense. That way every team is at least recruiting at the same level as a bot team.
admin

Hardwood Administrator

I don't know that recruiting points/contacts translates directly into a specific real life act. So I think to argue about what's realistic and what's not is kind of a fool's errand.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |