Announcements

Forum >> Announcements >> Vote For The Upcoming Recruiting Change   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
house0767

Inactive

Hardwood College Basketball
Gambit

Inactive

+1
Pyle341

Inactive

15 for vs 27 against
admin

Hardwood Administrator

Okay...I'm looking at alternatives. I guess I'll investigate a little bit more and see what else can be done.

Thanks for all the input...are we a democracy now?

Tsar Steve
Blackbeard

St. Johns Red Storm
V.4

I'm wondering... Exactly why is it deemed necessary to change what doesn't seem to be broken? At least that's what the consensus in the voting seemed to say... Thinking up "alternatives" might bring the same outcry wouldn't it? If people don't know why its necessary at least.

If people are found to be tanking then just tell them to stop. The recruiting is a big part of the game and it seems to be fair for all as is... The game is kind of complicated for some folks already, making the recruiting even more of a challenge would scare even more new people away I would think.

Commoner Blackbeard...

Updated Thursday, August 6 2020 @ 9:50:36 am PDT
admin

Hardwood Administrator

I haven't settled on any specific changes to address the 4/5-star recruitment by lower division teams. I will always continue to make recruiting improvements, albeit mostly to add a few new twists and curve balls.

In terms of tanking -- I don't really believe that's an effective strategy, so I'm not really looking to combat it.

Steve

Updated Friday, August 7 2020 @ 6:41:07 pm PDT
yanksfan1969

Inactive

Again, I just think it's back-up options for the top level teams when they get shut out of top level players. I scooped up a couple of 4s that no one was on. They just didn't have the ratings to be desirable to the big time programs. But would be nice bench guys if they lost out on all the studs.

I don't care either way, hence no "vote" from me, but you could just make RP more powerful from the higher level schools. Or give them more RP per cycle so they can throw a few at the 2nd/3rd level players(although I bet they wouldn't). But, from experience, it's not a lot of fun to be Very High late in the recruiting game, with no one else above Low, and lose out.
angus

Inactive

gocubs16

Inactive

+1
Hatleyville

Inactive

+1

I just think it's more realistic. Lower division teams have to spend more time combing over potential recruits and find those diamonds in the rough. Heck, I still do it because it's easier to plan my recruiting strategy rather than fight other schools for highly recruited prospects. Everyone feels differently, but being behind the 8 ball and starting at the bottom with all of it's disadvantages is what makes it so sweet when you figure it out and start climbing the divisional ladder.

Previous Page | Show All |